Friday 13 November 2009

Print Day, Friday

Once again Friday was spent printing. Earlier in the week we cut the leather then we print invariably on Friday. Ed does the printing and I do the positioning both to print the items and to dry them while Ed prints the next item. When we've tried swapping roles it's always a disaster. I am always subject to Ed's very critical eye as I do his job but less skillfully, similarly I can't help interfering as I find him so slow with the positioning.

Anyway I position the pieces once printed to dry. As we have limited drying space you have to lay the pieces out as efficiently as possible so you tend to end up with a table covered in the same image. They always look so lovely at this stage it almost seems a shame to sew them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment